by Jon Penn
Email marketing is an effective way to drive a huge amount of traffic to your website. If you have a new offer on your website, sending an email to your subscribers to inform them about it is a wise choice. Today, many businesses and marketers use email marketing to promote products/services and maintain relationship with their prospects.
To run an email marketing campaign, you will require an email database, an attractive and powerful email copy and an auto-responder (or system/software) to send and analyze results.In this article, let me share with you 5 crucial steps that you need to follow to achieve a successful email marketing campaign:
1. The subject line or email title must capture the attention of your readers. Today, people are very busy and have very little time to read emails. If you want your email to be read, the subject line must capture the attention of your subscribers immediately once they open their inbox. When you grab their attention, you can be assured that your emails get read.
2. Keep the email body short and to the point. Do not beat around the bush. Place the most important message in the first paragraph. Then break down the body into paragraphs for ease of reading. Many people scan through the content when they are reading an email. So make sure that you bold the important subtitles and sentences to grab their attention.
3. Use the right tone. If the content of your newsletter is very serious, use a formal tone. Using the right tone will make your readers feel that they already know you.
4. Include an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email. Respect your readers. If they decide not to receive anymore emails from you, give them an option to opt out of the list. Successful email marketers are not afraid to include an unsubscribe link because they know that if they have something interesting to say, the readers will stay with them.
5. Include call to action statements in your email. When you link back to your product/service page, make sure that you use strong call to action statement to get readers to click on the link.
Email marketing is the cheapest way to reach a large group of targeted audience. If you have not leverage on the power of email, it is never too late to start now. Log on to Google and search for the right auto-responder and start sending!
Jon Penn is a Research Manager with Prospect Email (www.prospectemail.net); Jon Penn is solely responsible for the contents of this article.